[X3D educators] new X3D book slideset Creating Prototype Nodes; X3D-Edit update; video podcasts online

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.navy.mil
Tue Aug 5 18:32:25 PDT 2008

I'm happy to report that a new slideset is available supporting our book
_X3D for Web Authors_, namely Chapter 14:  Creating Prototype Nodes.

I'll be going over event animation, scripts and prototypes as part of the
Web3D 2008 Symposium.  The tutorial begins in the leadoff session this
Saturday morning 9:00-10:30 at the LA Convention Center.

	http://www.web3d.org/conferences/web3d2008/
	http://www.web3d.org/conferences/web3d2008/program/index.html#animation

Refreshed versions of slides, examples and X3D-Edit are being distributed
on the 2008 X3D Showcase DVD, free on site.  Also available online.

	http://x3dgraphics.com
	http://x3dgraphics.com/slidesets
	http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors
	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit

We released a new version of X3D-Edit today with improved security support
(XML Encryption for confidentiality, XML Signature for authentication).
We've also added support for the SwirlX3D browser, plus the ability to
launch all locally installed browsers at once for the current scene.
This is a great way to compare and test how your work looks to others.

As an extra extra bonus, we've been recording video presentations of the
NPS X3D course this quarter.  Big thanks go to Jeff Malnick and Jeff Weekley
for video production, averaging one-day turnarounds (!) with great quality.
Lessons are being made available online at

	http://www.movesinstitute.org/video/Courses/MV3204

Comments welcome.  Good luck with your work, have fun with X3D!

all the best, Don
--
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       work +1.831.656.2149
              MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  fax  +1.831.656.7599