[X3D educators] new mailing list: educators at x3dGraphics.com

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.navy.mil
Wed Jan 9 09:45:30 PST 2008

hello colleagues.  I'm happy to report that we have started up a
new mailing list for educators interested in teaching X3D Graphics
using our book _X3D for Web Authors_.

i've taken the liberty of subscribing some of you who might be interested.
the mailing list web page for subscription/unsubscription is

There has been a lot of recent work.

Completely new authoring tool, X3D-Edit v3.2 beta.  This is built in Java
using the Netbeans platform and runs on Windows, Mac and (so we've heard)
Linux.  Free, open source.  Available at:

	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit

Updated examples:

	http://x3dGraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors
	http://x3dgraphics.com/X3dExamplesX3dForWebAuthors.zip

Errata are now available:

	http://x3dgraphics.com/errata.php

Most significantly, I'm now putting up slidesets for each chapter.
These are provided in .pdf and .odp Open Document Presentation
formats.  Both slides and corresponding notes pages are included.

	http://x3dgraphics.com/slidesets/index.php

The tool, examples, slides and related resources are all provided
free and in open source.  It is our hope that you will find these
resources useful, and that this email list might discuss how to
best improve things in support of teaching 3D graphics.

All comments and feedback welcome, thanks for considering these
possibilities.

all the best, Don
--
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       work +1.831.656.2149
             MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  fax  +1.831.656.7599