[X3D educators] CGEMS Call for Materials

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.navy.mil
Thu Nov 20 08:45:38 PST 2008

Please forward to interested colleagues,
and please excuse multiple postings. Thank you!

           Computer Graphics Educational Materials Source
                             (CGEMS)

               C A L L   F O R   M A T E R I A L S

               Spreading Educational Excellence in
                Computer Graphics & Digital Arts

                     Deadline: February 1, 2009

                 Website: http://cgems.inesc.pt
                 Email: editor at rtr.inesc-id.pt

The CGEMS is an online refereed repository for instructional materials
related to Computer Graphics, Digital Arts and Media. It is backed by
the SIGGRAPH Educational Committee and the Eurographics Education Board.

We are collecting educational material showcasing the best
examples of teaching Computer Graphics and Digital Arts. If you have
developed valuable content in the field - publish it and shape your
academic identity!

Each submission undergoes critique by experts in the field - long-term
educators, professionals, and artists. Outstanding contributions will
be elected by members of the Editorial Advisory Board and exhibited
at SIGGRAPH 2009. The winner will receive free conference access.

We consider material in the following categories:

1) Complete Module: A self-contained, single-topic teaching unit.

2) Problem Set: Student assignment with underlying rational & structure.

3) Teaching Gems: Innovative bits of teaching material that highlight
an approach to teaching a particular problem.

4) Curriculum: The body of knowledge of a specific curriculum with
knowledge areas, units, and exemplary topics.

5) Course Syllabus: Annotated sequence of course units with requirements
and student readings. New category!

Please check the CGEMS Authoring Guidelines on preparing your submission.
http://cgems.inesc.pt/HowToSubmit.htm

Our best materials can serve as submission examples, for example:
Complete Course Module http://cgems.inesc.pt/ModuleInfo.aspx?id=59
Complete Lab Module http://cgems.inesc.pt/ModuleInfo.aspx?id=54
Problem Set http://cgems.inesc.pt/ModuleInfo.aspx?id=37
Teaching Gem http://cgems.inesc.pt/ModuleInfo.aspx?id=46
Curriculum http://cgems.inesc.pt/ModuleInfo.aspx?id=41

If you need more information about the CGEMS project, please do
not hesitate to contact us.

Frank Hanisch, Joaquim Jorge
CGEMS Co-Editors in Chief
editor at rtr.inesc-id.pt

Editors in-chief:
Frank Hanisch, WSI/GRIS University of Tübingen, Germany
Joaquim Jorge, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal

Editorial Advisory Board:
Colin Beardon, Digital Creativity, NZ
Dan Bergeron, University of New Hampshire, USA
Gary Bertoline, Purdue University, USA
Don Brutzman, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
Colleen Case, Schoolcraft College, USA
José Encarnação, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Werner Hansmann, Universität Hamburg, Germany
Masa Inakage, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Lars Kjelldahl, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Tony Longson, Cal State University at Los Angeles, USA
Mike McGrath, Colorado School of Mines, CO, USA
Jacki Morie, University of Southern California, USA
JiaoYing Shi, Zhejiang University, China
Anne Spalter, Brown University and Anne Spalter Studios, USA
Andries van Dam, Brown University, USA

For all details about this call see http://cgems.inesc.pt