X3D for Web Authors course slidesets, example scenes, and X3D-Edit authoring tool are offered under an open-source license. Course work can be discussed on the x3d-educators mailing list.
The paper "Computer Graphics Teaching Support using X3D for Web Authors" describes how the example scenes, slides, video and book can be used together to teach X3D.
X3D for Web Authors is being used in the following classes.
- Don Brutzman, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey California USA: MV3204 Beginning X3D Graphics and MV4205 Advanced X3D Graphics.
- Now available: online video presentations for each set of chapter slides and examples.
- Most recent event was SIGGRAPH Asia in Singapore Saturday, 13 December 2008: Interactive Introduction to X3D Graphics.
- Yumetech offers training courses on X3D authoring and use. Courses are offered on-site or in Seattle Washington USA.
Past Short Courses
- Eurographics 2008 Conference, 14-18 April 2008, Crete, Greece. Tutorial program included a presentation by Don Brutzman: T5: Interactive Introduction to X3D Graphics.
- X Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR), 13-16 May 2008 in Joćo Pessoa Brazil, the 2nd greenest city in the world. A half-day tutorial and a plenary presentation were given 14 May 2008.
- SIGGRAPH ASIA, Singapore. A half-day tutorial and new X3D Showcase DVDs were provided 13 December 2008.
- Additional inquiries welcome.
Portions of this work are from the book,
X3D: 3D Graphics for Web Authors, by Don Brutzman and Leonard Daly, published by Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Copyright 2007 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
Web site copyright © 2008-2013, Daly Realism and Don Brutzman